COVID-19 and Volunteering
Please visit our Volunteer COVID-19 Portal – a new information page set up to provide you with volunteer information and volunteering help and support though the COVID-19 pandemic.
As lockdown eases, organisations need to think about how staff and volunteers can continue to work safely. We have sample policies and risk assessments available for you to download and use on the Volunteer COVID-19 Portal
Volunteer Scotland have provided practical guidance and advice for organisations preparing to restart their volunteer programmes post Covid-19 restrictions.
From Monday 9th August, Scotland will move beyond level 0 out of the level systems. Everyone should continue to act carefully and remain cautious.
- Advice for Voluntary Organisations:
- Advice for volunteers:
Please visit the SCVO website for more information on leaving lockdown and how to support your staff and volunteers throughout.
Volunteer Centre Western Isles supports the COVID-19 response in the following ways:
- Find you a volunteer opportunity, where possible and safe to do so;
- Support to COVID-19 volunteers who have signed up to help through the Scottish Governments Ready Scotland site;
- Help to promote local volunteer roles related to the COVID-19 community response;
- Providing advice and guidance on volunteering safely when dealing with vulnerable members of the public;
- Support to community groups and organisations with volunteer management, sample policies;
- Signposting to TSIWI partners for funding advice and support;
- Communicate with local volunteers and organisations to let them know what is happening and connect them where relevant
What does this mean for volunteering?
Services which are essential are still being provided in communities. There has been a resumption of some additional volunteering, permitted under the measures outlined in Phases 1 to 3. Volunteers are encouraged to look out for their neighbours. Please ensure you heed all relevant advice around staying safe and keeping others around you safe. Check out the guidance from Ready Scotland.
Please continue to check our website news, Facebook and Instagram for the latest volunteering opportunities, updates and good practice guides.
Get in touch with any questions – we are here to help!
Meantime thank you and please Think Local, Act Local.
Volunteer Centre Western Isles have launched a step by step guide for community groups, third sector organisations and churches to run their own ‘Give a Gift, Light up a Life’ project, and spread a little kindness this Christmas.
- *We are hiring* Development Support Officer, 28hrs per week from any of our 4office bases in Lewis, Harris, Uist or Barra
We are hiring! Development Support Officer, 28hrs per week Click to download: VC Dev Support Officer Application form and Job Description This new post would suit an individual with excellent […]
Download our 2020 – 21 Annual Report!
If you are 25 or under, volunteer with us – you never know where it could take you! We have opportunities throughout the Outer Hebrides – tell us what you are interested in and we will help you find a volunteering opportunity. Watch local girl Eleanor Nicolson’s volunteer journey, produced by the Wee Studio.
Find out what you can offer in your local area