Volunteer Centre Western Isles is an independent local charity with offices and staff in Lewis, Harris, Uist and Barra.
We provide information, advice and support to individuals interested in volunteering, volunteer managers, voluntary groups, clubs and organisations, private and public sector organisations and companies.
- offer free, confidential support to people who want to volunteer and groups/ organisations who involve volunteers
- provide a brokerage service, matching volunteers to volunteer roles in hundreds of local and national organisations
- support community events that are often run entirely by volunteers
- facilitate adult and youth volunteer awards that recognise the achievements of volunteers
- facilitate volunteer awards for organisations who provide the best experience for their volunteers
- gather statistics and carry out research into volunteering in the Western Isles which we share with local and national government
- constantly work to raise the profile of volunteering as a positive force with prospective volunteers, local policy makers and community leaders
- We are committed to serving our rural communities in ways that best suit their needs throughout the Western Isles
We are passionate about volunteering; we support and encourage it in all forms.
- To actively encourage, support and promote volunteering.
Our vision is of a community where:
- everyone volunteers;
- where volunteering is recognised as integral to the health, wealth and vitality of the Outer Hebrides.
Volunteer Centre Western Isles provides a high quality localised service that supports the growth of volunteering in all islands, in every community, in each home, to any individual.
- passionate about volunteering; we will support and encourage it in all its forms.
- committed to development of the individual, the organisation and the community.
- supportive, friendly and non-judgemental in our dealings with ourselves and others.
- committed to giving a quality service and pursuing excellence in all that we do.
Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO)
Scottish Charity No. SCO27472
Registered address: 95 Cromwell Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2DG.
Annual Reports & Work Plans
We produce 6 monthly and annual reports for Scottish Government, using an outcomes based approach. We use the How Good is Our Third Sector self evaluation resource to help to evaluate our performance. All reports are available on request.
Third Sector Interface Western Isles
We are partners in the Third Sector Interface (TSI) Western Isles, which is funded by Scottish Government as part of a Scotland wide network of 32 Third Sector Interfaces.