We are an independent local charity with offices in Lewis, Harris, Uist and Barra.
We provide information, advice and support to individuals interested in volunteering, volunteer managers, voluntary groups, clubs and organisations, private and public sector organisations and companies.
Find out more about what we can offer. Download our leaflet, Volunteer Centre Western Isles Leaflet
To see what we work we do, Click here for a copy of our Annual Reports
You can also see our previous years annual report here Volunteer Centre Annual Report 2017-18
- To actively encourage, support and promote volunteering.
Our vision is of a community where:
- everyone volunteers;
- where volunteering is recognised as integral to the health, wealth and vitality of the Outer Hebrides.
Volunteer Centre Western Isles provides a high quality localised service that supports the growth of volunteering in all islands, in every community, in each home, to any individual.
- passionate about volunteering; we will support and encourage it in all its forms.
- committed to development of the individual, the organisation and the community.
- supportive, friendly and non-judgemental in our dealings with ourselves and others.
- committed to giving a quality service and pursuing excellence in all that we do.
- Everyone in the Western Isles volunteers</li<
- Volunteers have a good experience and are welcomed wherever they go
- Volunteering is recognised as integral to the health, wealth and vitality of the Outer Hebrides
- The Volunteer Centre Western Isles provides a high quality localised service that supports the growth of volunteering
- To work with local agencies, organisations and individuals to encourage, promote and support volunteering in the local area as detailed in the VCWI annual work plan.
- To work in partnership with key local agencies and statutory bodies to ensure the value and impact of volunteering is measured and recognised in local and national policy development.
Third Sector Interface Western Isles (TSIWI)
We are partners in the Third Sector Interface (TSI) Western Isles, http://www.tsiwi.org/ which is funded by Scottish Government as part of a Scotland wide network of 32 Third Sector Interfaces.
Together, we provide a single point of access for support and advice for the third sector within the local area. We provide a strong coherent and cohesive representation of the third sector with clear links to Community Planning Partnerships and Single Outcome Agreements.
TSI WI are funded to deliver the following four areas of activity across the whole local authority area:
- Volunteering development
- Social Enterprise development
- Supporting and developing a strong third sector
- Building the third sector relationship with community planning
We work closely with our network of TSI colleagues, Voluntary Action Scotland and Scottish Government to improve the quality of our services, keep up to date with volunteering issues and act as a two way link between local volunteering and the Scottish Government.
We provide information, advice and support to Individuals interested in volunteering, volunteer managers, voluntary groups, clubs and organisations, private and public sector organisations and companies to actively encourage, support and promote volunteering.
Suzanne Macaulay, Manager
Angelique Macdonald, Admin and Finance Officer
Bellann O’Brien, Development Worker (Lewis)
Marion Wilson, Development Worker (Lewis)
Vacant, Development Worker (Harris)
Vicki Manchester, Development Worker (Uist)
Katherine MacNeil, Development Worker (Barra)
Annual Reports and Work Plans
We produce 6monthly and annual reports for Scottish Government, using an outcomes based approach. We use How Good is Our Third Sector self evaluation resource to help to evaluate our performance. All reports are available on request.
Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO)
Scottish Charity No. SCO27472
Registered address: 95 Cromwell Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2DG.